Turf Removal Program Update
Thank you for your interest in our Turf Removal program, we are on track to remove over 170 million square feet of turf in southern California. Unfortunately, turf removal incentives are no longer being offered region-wide in Metropolitan’s service area because funding has been exhausted.
Local turf removal rebates are available in some areas. The following agencies are currently offering turf removal rebates:
- City of Anaheim
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Pasadena Water and Power
Please click on “Estimate Your Rebate” to find out how much your local water agency is offering in turf removal incentives.
Submittal of an application does not guarantee approval or payment.
In order for a customer to be eligible for the turf removal rebate, they must:
- Have existing grass in the proposed project area
- Install new landscape that:
- Does not include live turf or any turf looking plants
- Includes plants (not turf)
- Is permeable to water and air. Areas with concrete, structures and other surfaces that water and air cannot move through will be disqualified.
- Follows any additional requirements for their specific property. Requirements vary based on the local water agency. You can see these requirements by estimating your rebate or applying for project start approval (instructions below).
- Check to see if synthetic turf is eligible in their area. The terms and conditions for your property will state if synthetic turf is not eligible. Estimate your rebate to see if synthetic turf can receive a rebate at your property.
- Comply with all applicable local laws, ordinances, and other restrictions.
- Must not have received a turf removal rebate before. Only one turf removal rebate per property is allowed.
Synthetic turf is eligible for a rebate unless prohibited by your agency’s terms and conditions. For details on additional requirements, please visit estimate your rebate.
- Requirements vary based on your local water agency. You can see these requirements by estimating your rebate or applying for project start approval (instructions below).
- Synthetic turf is not eligible in all areas. The terms and conditions for your property will state if synthetic turf is eligible or not.