Thank you for your interest in the SoCal Water$mart rebate program for residential water customers. Please read the following terms and conditions of the program to determine eligibility and program restrictions.
Please note that the rebate amount offered may vary by agency. To determine the rebate amount being offered by your water agency, please visit the Estimate Your Rebate page. The estimated rebate listed on this page is the maximum amount possible. Your actual rebate may vary depending upon the cost of the device(s) purchased.
- By applying for a rebate in this program, personal information listed on your application may be subject to disclosure to requesting parties pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
- Not all Southern California water agencies participate in this program and not all devices are available in each participating city or water agency. Device(s) must be installed in the Metropolitan Water District’s service area in order to qualify for rebate.
- Rebate amount may vary by water agency and may be limited to the cost of the device(s). The actual device costs exclude tax, shipping, labor and other charges.
- Rebate amount and requirements are subject to change without advance notice.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to the availability of funds.
- Renters may be eligible to participate with written consent of the property owner.
- Metropolitan reserves the right to verify and inspect rebated devices. If a device installation cannot be verified, the applicant will be required to refund the rebate amount, including all associated processing costs. Access to the rebated device(s) must be provided.
- A reduced water bill is not guaranteed.
- Estimated rebate amounts may be incorrect if inaccurate information is submitted during the application process.
- Rebate applications must be complete and are subject to verification and review for accuracy, including all necessary documentation. Necessary documentation includes, but is not limited to, a copy of the purchase receipt and a copy of the water bill. The receipt or invoice must include the model number, date of purchase, and proof of full payment while the water bill provided must show the account number, account holder’s name, and water service for the property listed on the application.
- Email addresses provided on the application may be used to communicate additional available rebates or programs.
- Technology or device must be a qualifying model under Metropolitan’s list.
- A customer address previously rebated through Metropolitan’s regional or its water agency programs is not eligible to receive another rebate for the same type of device. SoCal Water$mart verifies past participation using the information provided in the rebate application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide accurate information (i.e. street name, unit/apartment number if applicable, etc.) to allow for proper past participation verification.
- Applications must be created and submitted within 90 days of the purchase of a qualifying device or measure.
- Rebate applications expire after 60 days. All required documentation must be sent no later than 60 days from the online submission.
- Rebate checks will become void 90 days after being issued.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebates.
- Applications with a product purchased through a third-party website (eBay, Amazon, etc.) must be submitted with a receipt or confirmation identifying the item as new.
- The Internal Revenue Service requires Rebate Program participants receiving $600 or more in rebates to receive an IRS Form 1099 unless exemptions apply. If your rebate amount will exceed this threshold, the payee’s Social Security or Tax ID number must be provided via a completed Form W-9 along with the rebate application paperwork in order to receive a rebate. The name on the W-9 must match the name on the rebate check. This form must be completed so that EGIA, the rebate administrator, can properly complete the Form 1099. This requirement is in compliance with exemptions to the Federal Privacy Act of 1974, 42 UCS 405 (c )(2)(c ). Social Security numbers provided as part of the application process are held in confidence under terms of the Privacy Act and are not divulged or otherwise conveyed to individuals or organizations outside the Rebate Program.
- Disclaimer: Neither the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), nor your local water utility or Retail Water Purveyor, or their contractors or agents, makes any representation or warranty regarding the devices eligible for rebates under this Rebate program, including any hazardous substances that may be contained in the device. By participating in the rebate program, the applicant agrees to waive and release MWD, the Local Water Utility or Retail Water Purveyor, and their contractors or agents, from any and all claims and causes of action arising out of the purchase, installation or use of the devices purchased in connection with the Rebate program. Any claim you may have based upon any defect or failure of performance of a device purchased by you should be pursued with the manufacturer or distributor.
If you are participating in the Landscape Transformation Program, you may review additional terms and conditions by visiting the Landscape Transformation Program overview. Please be advised that participation in the program and adherence to its specific terms and conditions does not exclude applicants from adhering to the SoCal Water$mart general program terms and conditions listed here.