The SoCal Water$mart 2014-2015 commences on June 1, 2014 and ends on June 30, 2015 for Metropolitan Water District's residential water rebate customers. All of the same products and rebates from the previous program are still available. There are no changes in the requirements from the previous program and rebates offered by local water agencies are available through the "Estimate My Rebate" tool.
Effective June 1, 2014, rebate incentives are being enhanced for High Efficiency Toilets with a 1.28 GPF to $100.
Turf removal rebates are now being offered starting at $2.00 per square foot.
Rebates are being offered for Rain Barrels and Soil Moisture Sensor Systems.
- Irrigation Controllers/Soil Moisture Sensor incentive have been increased to $80 per controller or $35 per station for properties with more than an acre of irrigated area.
- Only one rebate application per product category, per customer.
- Required documentation must be postmarked within 60 days of submission confirmation; this includes a copy of your water bill, sales receipt and a copy of the rebate application confirmation page.
- Rebate amounts vary by participating water agency and are subject to change without notice.
- Metropolitan reserves the right to verify and inspect rebated devices. If installation cannot be verified, the applicant must reimburse Metropolitan, including all associated processing costs, and Metropolitan may elect to use any legal means to recover any rebate funds paid to the applicant.
- New devices added:
- Rain Barrels – rebate is $75 per barrel
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – rebate is $80 or $35 per irrigation station for large residential sites