The SoCal Water$mart 2013-2014 commences on July 1, 2013 and ends on June 30, 2014 for Metropolitan Water District's residential water rebate customers. All of the same products and rebates from the previous program are still available. There are no changes in the requirements from the previous program and rebates offered by local water agencies are available through the "Estimate My Rebate" tool.
Effective October 15, 2013, rebates are being offered for Rain Barrels and Soil Moisture Sensor Systems.
Effective May 1, 2013, High Efficiency Toilet rebates are being offered starting at $50.00 per toilet.
- Only one rebate application per product category, per customer.
- Required documentation must be postmarked within 60 days of submission confirmation; this includes a copy of your water bill, sales receipt and a signed rebate application confirmation page.
- Rebate amounts vary by participating water agency and are subject to change without notice.
- Metropolitan reserves the right to verify and inspect rebated devices. If installation cannot be verified, the applicant must reimburse Metropolitan, including all associated processing costs, and Metropolitan may elect to use any legal means to recover any rebate funds paid to the applicant.
- New devices added:
- Rain Barrels – rebate is $75 per barrel
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – rebate is $80 or $25 per irrigation station for large residential sites